Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wine & Sun Shine



This weekend Mark and I drove up the coast to enjoy a little wine and sun shine. Our first stop was Solvang. It left a little to be desired (travel tip: if you come to Santa Barbara wine country you can skip Solvang). We then traveled up the beautiful country roads to Los Olivos (where "Sideways" was filmed). On the way we stopped at a couple of lovely wineries. The first was Blackjack where some of the scenes from "Sideways" were filmed. There we tried a wide variety of wines. The best was a dry Bordeaux Blend - Harmonie 2002. We then stopped at one other vineyard, Brander. This was my favorite one becuase I did a whole tasting menu of Sauvigon Blanc. I love Sauvigon Blanc!!!


Then we headed back down the coast to enjoy the beach in Carpinteria. We have decided to live in Carpinteria. It is the greatest little town. It has a prefect beach with beautiful bluffs rolling into it, a great little downtown with shops and restuarants, and the best vibe. After a walk on the beach we went for one last drink (it was Saturday after all). We stopped at the Island Brewing Company and I have a feeling that will not be our last time there.


2 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

You suck. Seriously, I am soooo jealous. Wine, the beach, living there? Ughhh, I wish!

Is the cost of living pricey where you are going to live? I am so making a case for moving there! I hope you find a home soon. Can't wait to visit and tour wine country!

Wehrenberg Family Blog said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to hear more! We're going to your Mom and Dad's for dinner this Sunday. Wish you were going to be there! Say hello to Mark. Love and Hugs!