Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Fine Friday

For this week's "vino venerdi" I tried a Pinot Noir. I have been wanting to try more Pinot Noirs because the region I am living in is known for PNs. If you have ever seen "Sideways" you know exactly what I am talking about.
For the meal I prepared a grilled tuna and peppers with caper vinaigrette. It was a great recipe!! The sauce was absolutely delicious. And the recipe could not have been easier, the entire thing took me about 10 minutes. It was a perfect Friday night meal. But now, you maybe asking yourself "a red wine with fish?" I thought the same thing...that these people are crazy telling me that the tuna will go perfectly with a PN. They were right...it was a great combo.
The PN of the evening was from the Rancho Sisquoc Winery. The grapes came from the Flood Family vineyards of Santa Barbara County. It had a very distinct cherry flavor. Mark kept commenting on the tame tannins. I think he likes a little more tannin and oak. However, he did manage to finish off a couple of glasses. I definitely enjoyed this wine and look forward to trying more wines from this winery.

2 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

I sure hope you cook like that when we are there :) Just kidding, I'd be happy with with anything.

You are definitely a wine-o, getting good at it too! We'll be there in about a month, I can't wait to try all these wines in person. Maybe we can host a co-op wine tasting for our blogs while we're there.

PS is that little blondie Annika? Holy crap is she cute! And super blonde, but that doesn't surprise me!

Kristin said...

I hope we get to try a wine like that. I absolutely love pinot noir!