Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Culinary Exploration


One of the best parts about moving to a new region of the country is culinary exploration. And who better to tryout previously unexplored foods than family. My family is staying with me this week and both my brother and mother are excellent cooks, who are undaunted and adventurous in the kitchen. So why not ... Jon wanted crab, we can make crab! It was one of the most fun meals both in preparation and consumption that I have had in a while (minus my anniversary dinner at San Ysidro Ranch).


Jovial Crabs

1 cup Kosher Salt
2 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 cup distilled vinegar
live Dungeness or Rock Crab

Don't cook alone! Get family and friends gathered. Add salt, seasoning, and vinegar to approximately 10 qt. of water. Laugh and have a great time with family/friends while waiting for pot to boil. Add crab to boiling pot. Take approximately 10 minutes to enjoy your company or until crab turn a lovely shade of pink. Let crab cool enough to handle. Enjoy!


Rasmussen Butter

Melt butter add fresh lemon juice and enjoy with crab.









3 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

That crab didn't even know what was coming! Glad you had fun! I wish I liked seafood!

Kristin said...

AAAGGHHH!!! Scary! Looks like fun but I might freak if that happens when I'm there.

Anonymous said...

Can I have supper at your house tonight?

Dave R