Sunday, July 27, 2008

Vino Venerdi a la Domenica

Vino Venerdi had to wait til Sunday, but like a good wine it became better with age. This week I did not necessarily pair it with any particular predetermined food, but the wine did go perfectly with the meal and not to mention was indeed enhanced by the food. The wine chosen (by my wonderful husband ) for this evening's tasting was Simi a Chardonnay from Sonoma County.
It was definitely good. I would not say it was the best Chardonnay I ever had but it was a lovely wine for a Sunday night. This is a subtle wine with a bit of an acidic lingering. There are some definite toasted oak notes as well, but not overwhelming so. No butter found in this Chardonnay. I am still on the look out for a nice buttery Chardonnay, so leave me a note if you have a favorite. This wine was good, but was even better when paired with our meal, Lime Ricky Chicken. The chicken enhanced the oak and smoothed out the flavor.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

I used to love chardonnay but I've become a bit biased toward a good cab. What's the price on this bottle? I'll have to give it a try. My goal for tomorrow is to pick a random bottle of chard and to give it a try. Gotta think outside the box! I can't wait to come, only a month and a half. I don't think anyone can understand my excitement to a.) get away for a while and b.) do all the fun things we are going to do with good friends. So pumped!

Hilary said...

I've been to Simi!! Trip to Sonoma County a few years ago...great wine! Oh, how I miss wine.

Kristin said...

You sound like you know what you're talking about!